Here is a series of 21 stereoscopic and touristic views of Paris in 1959, in 3 reels, each containing 7 pairs of pictures. All reels are in very good condition. The jacket shows some signs of age and there is an inscription on the reverse side : NR.9, which is probably the original price and means "Nouveaux Francs" (New Francs)
You will need a view-master machine to see the 3D pictures on these reels. A 1950s model like this one would be perfect!
And if you wish to know more about View Masters, please visit this link.
I do not have such a machine so I could not test the reels to see how the system works. All I can say after my observation of the reels is that each pictures finds its matching one on the other site of the reel. Also, the legends don't seem to be placed near the pictures they describe but this is normal as all reels for sale that I have seen from that series are the same.
What is rare is to find the complete series of 3 reels in its original packaging, and in French!
Reel 1403 A / Romantic Paris:
- The River Seine and Notre Dame
- A day on River Seine
- Walking on the quays
- La Concorde square seen from a bridge
- Alexandre III bridge and the Grand Palais
- Under the bridges of Paris
- The Obelisque and the fountain in Concorde square.
Reel 1403 B / Gorgeous Paris:
- The Opera
- The Eiffel Tower seen from the Palais de Chaillot
- The Carroussel of the Louvre and th Louvre
- The Champs Elysees with the Arc de Triomphe
- Unknown soldier
- Montmartre seen from the Etoile
- The Etoile at night
Reel 1403 C / Paris, a city with multiple faces:
- The Bois de Boulogne
- Napoleon's tomb in the Invalides
- The Pantheon in the Latin Quarter (Quartier Latin)
- Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur
- Old Montmartre
- Eglise de la Trinite
- Rue Royale and Madeleine Church
Diameter of the reels : 9 cms
Weight of this item (without protection and packaging) : 15 g