Terms and Conditions
Links are in orange.
Some titles and important information are in green.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
YOU WILL FIND IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ALL THE DETAILS YOU NEED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AND BUY WITH TOTAL CONFIDENCE.
PLEASE READ THEM BEFORE PURCHASING AN ITEM, AND FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ANYTIME IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION. I AM HERE TO HELP. ☺
By buying from this shop, customers explicitely agree with Retrofanattic's privacy and security policy and with these terms and conditions.
Please see "Privacy" page for details.
Three options are currently available to customers:
- Debit/credit cards processed by Stripe. This shop is SSL protected. Your payment is fully secure, and Retrofanattic never receives your card information.
- "Revised invoice" : please ask for a revised invoice if you buy more than one item. The postage will be recalculated (= combined postage) and a Paypal invoice will be sent to your email address.
Please note that I do not send to P.O boxes.
Retrofanattic is working with a selection of reputable couriers and postal services. We prefer to avoid very cheap companies that regularly receive bad reviews on websites like Trustpilot.
♥ Royal Mail updates its tariff once or twice a year, in March and sometimes in October. Retrofanattic changes its postage prices once a year, in April.
The current pricelist is visible here.
♥ Except if special conditions apply, parcels are dispatched the next working day following payment when sent with Royal Mail, and in 1 to 2 working days if sent with another courier.
♥ A custom declaration must be filled for Channel Islands. In consequence, you may experience some delays in the delivery of your parcel, and you also may have to pay custom fees.
Maximum weight and dimensions.
- Small and Medium parcels up to 2 kg (max dimensions of a medium parcel: 61 cm x 46 cm x 46 cm) are sent with Royal Mail.
- Heavier or larger parcels up to 15 kg are sent with a courier. UK customers: you can choose your favourite available courier at checkout.
Please note that Retrofanattic uses myHermes only for parcels weighing up to 5 kg.
- Parcels weighing between 15 kg to 30 kg are sent with DHL only.
Do you need to ask for a quote?
When you see this logo at the top of the item's description, it means the parcel will be sent with Royal Mail.
All customers (Mainland UK, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, etc and International), please proceed to the checkout as your region or country is included:
If you see these logos, or one of these logos, at the top of the item's description, please choose your favourite available courier if you are a UK customer. All other customers, please ask for a quote:
Royal Mail's postage zones.
Please contact me prior to checkout, or wait for my message, if the shop's registered address is different from the address you have registered in your Paypal account. If in doubt, your order may have to be cancelled.
please jump to your section below)
UK Customers have the choice between:
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- or "Special Delivery 1 pm" for large letters and small parcels.
In 1st and 2nd class, parcels are sent "Standard Delivery" or "Signed For", according to the total value of the item(s).
Even if the parcel is sent "Signed For", UK customers only pay for the Standard Delivery service.
For parcels weighing more than 2 kg, Retrofanattic gives you the choice between:
- Parcelforce Express 48
for parcels up to 15 kg
- Parcelforce Express 24
for parcels up to 15 kg
- myHermes Economy
for parcels up to 5 kg
- UPS Standard,
for parcels up to 15 kg
- Yodel 48
for parcels up to 15 kg
- DHL Express
for parcels up to 30 kg
Please note that prices vary according to the courier. Please also note that if, for any reason, your favourite courier is not available, I will then choose the best available service for you.
2) DO I COMBINE POSTAGE?
The shop's software automatically calculates postage according to the estimated weight of the parcel. However, softwares are not perfect, and the postage could sometimes be miscalculated if you buy more than one item.
→ The best way to avoid postage miscalculation is to ask me for a revised invoice at checkout, instead of paying immediately, if you buy more than one item.
I will send you a Paypal invoice with the recalculated postage, and you will pay the right price immediately.
Once the invoice is sent, you have 15 days (including week-ends) to proceed to the checkout.
You can also choose to proceed to the checkout immediately, and I will refund all extra postage paid.
⇒ When proceeding to the checkout, you will be required, for large or heavy letters and parcels that may not go through your letterbox, to answer a question in a checkout form: "In case of absence, do you allow the courier to deliver your parcel to a neighbour?". The courier will be informed of your answer.
(Have you finished reading this section? Please jump to the next section)
1) By buying from this shop, international customers accept to pay any custom taxes and/or fees asked by the authorities of their country.
2) Please contact me whenever you need a quote. If you accept the quote, I will send you a Paypal invoice (can also be paid by debit/credit card) and reserve the item for you for 15 days (including week-ends), after which I will put it back online if you haven't proceeded to the checkout.
3) DO I COMBINE POSTAGE?
♥ If you buy more than one item and your parcel can still be sent with Royal Mail, please ask for a revised invoice at checkout. You can also choose to pay in advance and all extra postage paid will be refunded.
♥ If international customers buy several items and the total order exceeds Royal Mail's weight and size limits for international parcels, then customers must contact me for a quote, and we will choose together the best, and cheapest, postage method:
- option 1: several parcels sent individually with Royal Mail (provided that each parcel weighs less than 2 kg).
Customers will have a tracking number for each parcel, and postage will not be combined.
- option 2: all items will be sent together in the same parcel with a courier. Postage will be combined, but please bear in mind that this option may still be more expensive than option 1.
Customers will have one tracking number only.
Once you have chosen your preferred method of postage, I will send you an invoice on your email address.
⇒ When proceeding to the checkout, you will be required to answer a question in a checkout form: "In case of absence, do you allow the courier to deliver your parcel to a neighbour?". The courier will be informed of your answer.
♦ Returns and refund accepted.
♦ Refund of postage accepted on most cases, and on the basis of the price actually paid for. Please read below for more details.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you have the right to return it and be refunded. A reason for the return is not required.
Retrofanattic will pay for the return postage (= total refund) if the item was significantly not as described.
- Full refund is automatic when order is cancelled before the parcel is dispatched.
- Full refund is accepted when orders are cancelled and the item is returned in its original condition and protection and arrives in the same condition it was sent.
- Full refund is accepted when the buyer has used the "Signed For" or "Tracked and Signed" service, even if the seller has not received the parcel 15 days (UK) or 30 days (all other countries) after dispatch.
Please contact me if you haven't used a "Signed For" or "tracked and Signed" service, as a refund can be accepted on a case by case basis.
- Partial refund is automatic if the parcel is undelivered and returned to me: only the price of the merchandise is refunded but not the initial postage fee. The customer is responsible for the second postage fee if he wishes the parcel to be reshipped.
- Partial refund can be applied if some of the items in the parcel are returned broken or damaged (other than initial damage described in the listing). Please always return items in their original protection to avoid breakage or damage.
PLEASE NOTE THAT REFUNDS ARE GENERALLY
NOT ACCEPTED, OR NEVER ACCEPTED,
IN THE FOLLOWING CASES :
(This applies to UK and International customers)
Please note that no return or refund is accepted for:
- Perfumes, EDT and Cologne
- Cosmetics, toiletry products
- Scrapbooking supplies
- Items sold in a sealed box, or sealed in plastic ("As new" items), and the plastic has been opened or removed.
I can not possibly refund customers as long as their parcel is still at their disposal in a depot or a post office, or if another delivery can be arranged. Thank you for your understanding. :-)
→ Please always check with your neighbours to see if they have received your parcel.
My fragile items (glass, ceramics, china, pottery... ) are always very, very carefully protected in bubble wrap, + with polystyrene peanuts and/or shredded paper filling the remaining spaces of the box. Moreover, when an item is fragile, I always stick some "Fragile" tape on the box.
However, should your item be damaged or broken during transit, please take a picture of it, and also of the packaging, send these photos by email, and I will issue a full refund (item + initial postage -please see above) in 24 hours maximum. If only some of the items are broken, I will issue a partial refund based on the individual value of the item.
Late and lost parcels.
I will cancel your order (sorry about that) in the following circumstances:
- If you ask me to cancel your order before the parcel is dispatched.
- If the address does not exist, or the postcode does not correspond to the address, and we can not communicate about this problem.
- If you wish me to send to a P.O Box.
- If you wish me, after completing your purchase, to send your parcel to another address.
- If your Paypal address is different from your order's registered address, and we can not communicate about this problem.
- If you have added one item or several items in your cart, or received a revised invoice, but haven't proceeded to the checkout after 15 days maximum including week-ends (a reminder will be sent to you after 7 days).
- If you have made an offer on an item, have received your invoice, but have not proceeded to the checkout after 7 days maximum including week end.
- In case of fraudulent payment.
(This applies to UK and
Please contact me if you wish to make an offer on an item, or several items together. I will either accept your offer or propose a counter offer. Once we have agreed on the price of the item(s), I will then send you an invoice.
Invoices are valid for 7 days (including week end) from the moment they are sent.
Returns (and refunds) are accepted for all custom orders, except when customers asked me to find a special item for them, which I did not have in stock.
Please contact me if you wish to buy only part of a set.
If I can sell the rest of the set without your items, I will accept your personalised order and send you a Paypal invoice (can be paid by debit/credit card, please provide me with your email address).
Example of an order which I will accept to fulfill: a full tableware set, and you wish to buy only the coffee set included in it.
Example of an order which I will not accept to fulfill: six cups and six saucers sold together, and you wish to buy only the cups.
Reserving an item.
I will then disable the checkout for a week.
One reserved item maximum per person and per reservation. Only account holders or return customers can reserve items.
- You have asked me for an invoice to recalculate postage (= combined postage).
- You asked me for a quote because you live outside the UK and your parcel can't be sent with Royal Mail. If you accept the quote, I will send you an invoice.
- You have made an offer on an item, or several items, and we have agreed on the price.
- Any custom or personalised order which I have accepted to fulfill.
More information about invoices.