YOU WILL FIND IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ALL THE DETAILS YOU NEED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AND BUY WITH TOTAL CONFIDENCE.
PLEASE READ THEM BEFORE PURCHASING AN ITEM, AND FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ANYTIME IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION.
I AM HERE TO HELP. ☺
Communication with customer.
Retrofanattic communicates with customers by email about your orders and in case of need.
Please see "Privacy" page for more details.
Paypal payments only. Debit/credit cards must be processed through Paypal.
Non listed countries: please ask me for a quote.
Please note that I do not send to P.O boxes.
A custom declaration must be filled for Channel Islands. In consequence, you might experience some delays in the delivery of your parcel, and custom fees to pay.
- Small and medium parcels up to 2 kg are sent with Royal Mail.
- Heavy or large parcels are sent with a courier. Each parcel can not be heavier than 15 kg.
UK customers: you can choose your favourite courier at checkout.
Quote, or not quote?
If you are in mainland UK, you never need to ask me for a quote.
If you are based elsewhere, you may need to ask me for a quote.
Please refer to the table below to see if you need to ask me for a quote:
(Most items in this shop are sent with Royal Mail.)
The price of the postage is calculated automatically by the shop's software according to the estimated weight of the parcel. Please do not take into account the weight entered in the "Product Details" section of the listing. The exact weight of the item (without protection and packaging) can be found in the item's description.
---> Paypal payments: please make sure your delivery address is correct and that it matches your Paypal address before proceeding to the checkout.
Please contact me prior to checkout if the shop's registered address is different from the address you have registered in your Paypal account. If in doubt, your order may have to be cancelled.
Items are dispatched the next working day following cleared payment when sent with Royal Mail. Items paid for on Fridays after 1 pm may have to be dispatched on the following Monday.
When Items are sent with another courier, an appointment will be taken for the collection of the parcel. The collection will usually take place in 1 to 2 working days. Items bought on a Friday will be collected on the following Monday or Tuesday.
DETAILS FOR UK CUSTOMERS ONLY
please read below)
1) DISPATCH OF YOUR PARCEL
Retrofanattic uses Royal Mail for small/medium parcels up to 2kg, and gives you the choice between Parcelforce Express 48, myHermes Economy, UPS Standard and Yodel 48 for heavier or larger parcels.
Please note that if, for any reason, your favourite courier is not available, I will then choose the best available service for you.
Parcels sent with Royal Mail: all items, including books, are sent:
- "Standard Delivery" or "Signed For", according to the type of item and its value, if the customer chooses 2nd class at checkout.
--->UK customers always pay for the "Standard delivery" service, even if the item is sent "Signed For".
- The item is always sent "Signed For" if the customer chooses 1st class at checkout. UK customers pay for the "Signed For" service.
- UK customers can also choose the option "Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1 pm" at checkout.
2) DO I COMBINE POSTAGE FOR YOU?
The shop's software automatically calculates postage according to the estimated weight of the parcel.
I always refund extra postage paid in case postage has been miscalculated. This applies to combined postage for several items, but also to postage for a single item.
If you think the postage has been miscalculated, please click on the button "Ask for revised invoice" at checkout or contact me prior to checkout. I will then check the postage costs and, if necessary, I will send you a revised invoice through Paypal (can be paid by debit/credit card, please provide me with your email address).
Please note that some books can be heavy and/or thick, and that it is not always possible to send them as "Large letter". Most of the time, they will be sent as "Small parcel".
4) In case of absence when your parcel is delivered, you should receive a non-delivery card explaining how to pick up your parcel or re-arrange a delivery directly with the postal service.
Usually, three delivery attempts are made, after which your parcel will be kept at the depot for a certain number of days (please see Royal Mail or your courier's terms and conditions, or contact me for more information).
In case nobody can collect the parcel at the depot, it will then be returned to me, and you will afterwards receive a full refund (item + initial postage).
If a customer does not pick up a parcel at a depot and the parcel is returned to me by the postal services, the customer will receive the full refund after I have received the returned parcel.
6) I can not possibly refund customers as long as their parcel is still at their disposal in a depot or post office, or if another delivery can be arranged. Thank you for your understanding.
If a parcel has been lost by postal services, the customer will receive refund once I have had confirmation by postal services that the parcel has been lost (please read below)
(Have you finished reading this section? Please jump to the next section)
DETAILS FOR INTERNATIONAL
1) By buying from this shop, international customers accept to pay any custom taxes and/or fees asked by the authorities of their country.
These taxes and fees are independent from Retrofanattic. They are not included in the total price (item + postage) and are not refundable by Retrofanattic.
Your parcel may be held by the custom authorities of your country, sometimes for a few days, in order to check them. This delay is not included in the delivery estimates.
2) All countries RF sells to are listed when I send the item with Royal Mail. If your parcel is heavier than 2kg or exceeds the maximum dimensions for international parcels, then your country is not listed. Please ask me for a quote.
If you accept the quote, I will send you a Paypal invoice (can be paid by debit/credit card, please provide me with your email address) and reserve the item for you for 10 days (including week end), after which I will put it back online if you haven't proceeded to the checkout.
3) DO I COMBINE POSTAGE FOR YOU?
- All extra postage paid is refunded.
- If international customers buy several items that should be individually sent with Royal Mail, then I will choose, with your agreement, the best, and cheapest, postage method for you:
- option 1: all items will be sent together with Royal Mail in a single parcel, provided this parcel does not exceed maximum dimensions and weight allowed by Royal Mail International. I will then combine postage and provide you with a single tracking number.
If the parcel exceeds Royal Mail's maximum dimensions and weight, I will contact you to ask you what option you prefer:
- option 2: each item will be sent individually with Royal Mail (several parcels). You will have a tracking number for each parcel, and postage will not be combined.
- option 3: all items will be sent together with a courier. This option might be more expensive than the previous one, but you may prefer to receive one parcel only.
4) All items, including books, are sent "Tracked and Signed" when sent with Royal Mail.
5) In case of absence when your parcel is delivered, you should receive a non-delivery notice explaining how to pick up your parcel or re-arrange a delivery directly with the postal service of your country.
Please see terms and conditions for the delivery company in your country (to book a redelivery or pick up the parcel at a depot).
6) If a customer does not pick up a parcel at a depot and the parcel is finally returned to me by the postal services of your country, the customer will receive refund after I have received the returned parcel.
--> The refund will be full or partial, depending on the circumstances :
- Full if Retrofanattic is not charged any fee for the return for the international parcel.
- Partial if Retrofanattic is charged for the return of the international parcel: initial payment (item + initial postage) minus the fee paid for the return postage.
I will always provide a proof that Retrofanattic had to pay a fee for the return postage. In case no proof can be shown, then full refund applies.
RETURNS and REFUNDS
(This applies to UK and International customers)
Total refund: price of the item + price of initial postage + price of return postage
Full refund: price of the item + price of initial postage. In this case, the buyer pays for the return postage.
- Returns and refunds are accepted in most cases (please see below for more details).
- Return and refund also accepted for custom orders.
HOW TO RETURN AN ITEM ?
- The buyer (you) has 14 days to cancel the item, and then 14 more days to send it back.
- The buyer will pay for the return postage, and this return postage is not refundable. The only case where I will pay for the return postage (= total refund) is if the item was significantly not as described.
- the seller (me) has 14 days to refund, starting from the day the cancelled item has been received.
- The full refund will take place as soon as I have received the cancelled item.
- If the seller hasn't received the cancelled items, you must then be able to provide a valid proof of postage in order to get your refund:
--> UK customers: please, always ask for a proof of postage (also called "certificate of delivery" in the UK) or use the UK "Signed For" service when you return an item.
--> International customers: please always use the system of "proof of postage" or "Tracked and Signed" service available in your country.
- All items (especially fragile items such as ceramics, pottery and glass) must be returned carefully wrapped in their original protection (bubble wrap covering each piece, and the biodegradable peanuts or shredded paper provided).
(This applies to UK and
- Full refund is immediately sent if your order is cancelled before the parcel is sent.
- Full refunds are accepted when orders are cancelled and the item is returned in its original condition and protection and arrives in the same condition it was sent.
- Full refunds are accepted when the buyer can show a valid proof of postage or has used the "Signed For" or "Tracked and Signed" service, even if the seller has not received the parcel after 20 days (UK) or 30 days (all other countries).
- Full refunds are accepted if the parcel is undelivered and returned to me. If you wish me to send the parcel back to you, then I will send you an invoice through Paypal for the second postage.
- Total refunds are accepted if the item you receive is significantly not as described.
- Full refunds are accepted if items sent to you arrive broken (please see below)
- Full refunds are accepted if items are lost by postal services (please see below)
Feel free to contact me if you need a refund for another problem. Please remember that I am here to help. ☺
TO ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS ASKED BY CUSTOMERS,
PLEASE NOTE THAT REFUNDS ARE GENERALLY NOT ACCEPTED, OR NEVER ACCEPTED, IN THE FOLLOWING CASES :
(This applies to UK and International customers)
X Not accepted: I can not possibly refund customers as long as their parcel is still at their disposal in a depot or a post office, or if another delivery can be arranged. Thank you for your understanding.
X Not accepted: Refunds are not accepted if an item is returned without its full original protection (bubble wrap, polysterene...) AND arrives broken or damaged (other than damages originally described in the listing). I would never refuse a refund if the item was not protected and arrived undamaged, but please use all the protection provided when returning an item.
X Refunds are not accepted if a buyer hasn't asked for a valid proof of postage (clearly showing the stamp of the courier), or used the "Signed for" service (with a valid tracking number) AND Retrofanattic hasn't received the item.
--> Please always ask for a proof of postage, or use your courier's "Signed For" service when you return a parcel (the signature on delivery is now optional with MyHermes on their website, so please do not forget to tick the box. If you had to pay a fee for the signature, it will be refunded by RF).
X Refunds are not accepted if an item, when sent Signed For (= Tracked and Signed) is marked as "Delivered".
--> Please always check with neighbours as parcels are sometimes delivered to them in case of absence.
Retrofanattic can not be held responsible for parcels delivered to neighbours, or if you have entered a wrong address on your account when purchasing an item.
ITEMS BROKEN OR LOST BY THE POST OFFICE
(This applies to UK and international customers)
My fragile items (glass, ceramics, china, pottery... ) are always very, very carefully protected in bubble wrap, + with polystyrene peanuts and/or shredded paper filling the remaining spaces of the box. Moreover, when an item is fragile, I always stick some "Fragile" tape on the box.
It is thus very unlikely that an item will arrive damaged (other than possible damages due to age and always described in the listing) or broken.
However, should an item be damaged or broken during transit, please take a minimum of two photos of it, and also of the packaging, send these photos by email, and I will issue a full refund (item + initial postage -please see above) in 24 hours maximum (unless I am away for a few days, which is always announced in advance).
All items are sent Tracked and Signed, including in the UK, so if an item does not arrive as soon as it should, it is probably not lost, but late. Items sometimes take a long time to arrive, especially at Christmas time, or because they have to go through customs in your country. This delay is not counted in the estimated delivery date.
Please do not worry about your parcel. I always keep an eye on the items I have sent. I check daily to see where they are, even when my shop is temporarily closed, and I contact the buyer if I notice that the parcel is abnormally late* (= it is still in transit, and no delivery attempt has been made).
So, if your parcel is late, I will contact the UK postal services, and your country's postal services if sent abroad, and finally issue a full refund (item + initial postage, please see above) once I have had confirmation by postal services that the parcel has been lost.
Please remember that I can not possibly refund customers as long as their parcel is still at their disposal in a depot, warehouse or a post office, or if another delivery can be arranged.
*Abnormally late =
I will check a parcel if it has not arrived after :
- 15 working days (excluding week ends) if sent 2nd class in the UK
- 7 working days (excluding week ends) if sent 1st class in the UK
- 30 working days (excluding week ends) if sent to other countries.
(This applies to UK and
You can make an offer on an item you like (called "Custom order"). If I accept your offer, I will then disable the checkout on the item, mark it as "Reserved", and send you a Paypal invoice (can be paid with debit/credit card).
Custom orders are valid for 10 days from the moment the invoice is sent, after which the reservation will end and checkout will be enabled again.
Returns (and refunds) are accepted for all custom orders at the same conditions as ordinary orders.
Please contact me if you wish to buy only part of a set.
If I can sell the rest of the set without your items, I will then accept your personalised order and send you a Paypal invoice (can be paid by debit/credit card, please provide me with your email address).
Example of an order which I will not be able to accept: six cups and six saucers sold together, and you wish to buy only the cups.
Reserving an item.
If there is an item you like but can't buy immediately, you can contact me to reserve it for 7 days maximum (including week end).
I will then disable the checkout for a week.
One reserved item maximum per person and per reservation.
Invoices sent through Paypal.
Invoices can be sent in the following cases:
- You have asked me for an invoice to recalculate postage.
- You have made an offer on an item and your offer was accepted.
- Any custom or personalised order which I have accepted to fulfill.
You do not need to have a Paypal account to pay when you receive a Paypal invoice. You can pay through Paypal with your debit/credit card.