FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
YOU WILL FIND IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ALL THE DETAILS YOU NEED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AND BUY WITH TOTAL CONFIDENCE.
PLEASE READ THEM BEFORE PURCHASING AN ITEM, AND FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ANYTIME IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION. I AM HERE TO HELP. ☺
Retrofanattic communicates with customers by email about your orders and in case of need.
Please see "Privacy" page for more details.
- Debit/credit cards processed by Stripe. This shop is SSL protected. Your payment is secure, and Retrofanattic never receives your card information.
- Please always ask for a revised invoice if you buy more than one item. The postage will be recalculated (= combined postage).
Please note that I do not send to P.O boxes.
A custom declaration must be filled for Channel Islands. In consequence, you might experience some delays in the delivery of your parcel, and custom fees to pay.
- Small and Medium parcels up to 2 kg are sent with Royal Mail.
- Heavier or larger parcels up to 15 kg are sent with a courier. UK customers: you can choose your favourite courier at checkout.
Quote, or not quote?
- If you are in mainland UK, you never need to ask me for a quote.
- If you are based elsewhere, you may need to ask me for a quote. Please refer to the table below to see if you need to ask me for a quote:
(Most items in this shop are sent with Royal Mail Small Parcel)
Legend of the table above:
Please note that Zone 2 includes Singapore. Click here for full list of countries in each zone.
Please contact me prior to checkout, or wait for my message, if the shop's registered address is different from the address you have registered in your Paypal account. If in doubt, your order may have to be cancelled.
please jump to your section below)
Please note that if, for any reason, your favourite courier is not available, I will then choose the best available service for you.
- "Standard Delivery" or "Signed For", according to the type of item and its value, if the customer chooses 2nd class at checkout.
--->UK customers always pay for the "Standard delivery" service, even if the item is sent "Signed For".
- The item is always sent "Signed For" if the customer chooses 1st class at checkout. UK customers pay for the "Signed For" service.
2) DO I COMBINE POSTAGE FOR YOU?
The shop's software automatically calculates postage according to the estimated weight of the parcel.
I always refund extra postage paid when postage has been miscalculated. This applies to combined postage for several items, but also to postage for a single item.
If you think the postage has been miscalculated, please click ask for a revised invoice at checkout or contact me prior to checkout. I will then check the postage costs and I will send you a revised invoice through Paypal (can be paid by debit/credit card, please provide me with your email address) if postage has been miscalculated.
(Have you finished reading this section? Please jump to the next section)
2) All countries RF sells to are listed when I send the item with Royal Mail. If your parcel is heavier than 2kg or exceeds the maximum dimensions for international parcels, then your country is not listed. Please ask me for a quote.
If you accept the quote, I will send you a Paypal invoice (can be paid by debit/credit card, please provide me with your email address) and reserve the item for you for 10 days (including week end), after which I will put it back online if you haven't proceeded to the checkout.
3) DO I COMBINE POSTAGE FOR YOU?
- All extra postage paid is always refunded.
- If international customers buy several items that should be individually sent with Royal Mail, then I will choose, with your agreement, the best, and cheapest, postage method for you:
- option 1: all items will be sent together with Royal Mail in a single parcel, provided this parcel does not exceed maximum dimensions and weight allowed by Royal Mail International. I will then combine postage and provide you with a single tracking number.
If the parcel exceeds Royal Mail's maximum dimensions and weight, I will contact you to ask you what option you prefer:
- option 2: each item will be sent individually with Royal Mail (several parcels). You will have a tracking number for each parcel, and postage will not be combined.
- option 3: all items will be sent together with a courier. This option might be more expensive than the previous one, but you may prefer to receive one parcel only.
4) All items, including books, are sent "Tracked and Signed" when sent with Royal Mail.
Please see terms and conditions for the delivery company in your country (to book a redelivery or pick up the parcel at a depot).
(This applies to UK and International customers)
Full refund: price of the item + price of initial postage. In this case, the buyer pays for the return postage.
Partial refund: the price of initial postage + percentage of the value of item(s) bought.
- Returns and refunds are accepted in most cases (please see below for more details).
(This applies to UK and
- Full refund is accepted when orders are cancelled and the item is returned in its original condition and protection and arrives in the same condition it was sent.
- Full refund is accepted when the buyer can show a valid proof of postage or has used the "Signed For" or "Tracked and Signed" service, even if the seller has not received the parcel after 20 days (UK) or 30 days (all other countries).
- Full refund is accepted if the parcel is undelivered and returned to me. If you wish me to send the parcel back to you, then I will send you an invoice through Paypal for the second postage.
- Total refund is accepted if the item you receive is significantly not as described.
- Partial refund is accepted if some of the items in the parcel arrive broken. Please see below for more details.
PLEASE NOTE THAT REFUNDS ARE GENERALLY NOT ACCEPTED, OR NEVER ACCEPTED, IN THE FOLLOWING CASES :
(This applies to UK and International customers)
--> Please always ask for a proof of postage, or use your courier's "Signed For" service when you return a parcel (the signature on delivery is now optional with MyHermes on their website, so please do not forget to tick the box. If you have to pay a fee for the signature, it will be refunded by RF).
--> Please always check with neighbours as parcels are sometimes delivered to them in case of absence.
Retrofanattic can not be held responsible for parcels delivered to neighbours, or if you have entered a wrong address on your account when purchasing an item.
(This applies to UK and international customers)
However, should your item be damaged or broken during transit, please take a picture of it, and also of the packaging, send these photos by email, and I will issue a full refund (item + initial postage -please see above) in 24 hours maximum. If only some of the items are broken, I will issue a partial refund based on the individual value of the item.
Initial postage always refunded.
You do not have to return your items in case some, or all, of the items have arrived broken.
I will cancel your order (sorry about that) in the following circumstances:
- If you ask me to cancel your order before the parcel is dispatched
- If the address does not exist
- If you wish me to send to a P.O Box
- If you wish me, after completing your purchase, to send your parcel to another address.
- If your Paypal address is different from your order's registered address, and we can not communicate about this problem.
- If you have made a purchase but haven't proceeded to the checkout after 15 days (a reminder will be sent to you after 7 days).
- In case of fraudulent payment.
(This applies to UK and
You can make an offer on an item you like (called "Custom order"). If I accept your offer, I will then disable the checkout on the item, mark it as "Reserved", and send you an invoice (can be paid with debit/credit card) though Paypal.
Custom orders are valid for 10 days from the moment the invoice is sent, after which the reservation will end and checkout will be enabled again.
Returns (and refunds) are accepted for all custom orders at the same conditions as ordinary orders.
Please contact me if you wish to buy only part of a set.
If I can sell the rest of the set without your items, I will then accept your personalised order and send you a Paypal invoice (can be paid by debit/credit card, please provide me with your email address).
Example of an order which I will not be able to accept: six cups and six saucers sold together, and you wish to buy only the cups.
Reserving an item.
I will then disable the checkout for a week.
One reserved item maximum per person and per reservation. Only account holders can reserve items.
- You have asked me for an invoice to recalculate postage.
- You have made an offer on an item and your offer was accepted.
- Any custom or personalised order which I have accepted to fulfill.